Hepatitis virus panel
There are different tests for hepatitis A and B. A positive test is considered abnormal.
A positive test may mean:
- You currently have a hepatitis infection. This may be a new infection (acute hepatitis), or it may be an infection that you have had for a long time (chronic hepatitis).
- You had a hepatitis infection in the past, but you no longer have the infection and cannot spread it to others.
Hepatitis A test results:
- IgM anti-hepatitis A virus (HAV) antibodies, you have had a recent infection with hepatitis A
- Total (IgM and IgG) antibodies to hepatitis A, you have a previous or past infection, or immunity to hepatitis A
Hepatitis B tests:
- Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg), you have an active hepatitis B infection, either recent or chronic
- Antibody to hepatitis B core antigen (Anti-HBc), you have a recent or past hepatitis B infection
- Antibody to HBsAg (Anti-HBs), you have a past hepatitis B infection or you have received the hepatitis B vaccine and are unlikely to become infected
- Hepatitis B type e antigen (HBeAg), you have a chronic hepatitis B infection and you are more likely to spread the infection to others through sexual contact or by sharing needles
Antibodies to hepatitis C can most often be detected 4 to 10 weeks after you get the infection. Other types of tests may be done to decide on treatment and monitor the hepatitis C infection.
Hepatitis B Vaccine Hepatitis B is a serious infection that affects the liver. It is caused by the hepatitis B virus. In 2009, about 38,000 people became infected with hepatitis B. Each year…
Hepatitis C Facts: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment You probably heard of hepatitis A and B, but did you know that hepatitis C also exists? Similar to the other two diseases, hepatitis…
Hepatitis Zusammenfassung Ihre Leber ist das größte Organ im Körper. Es hilft Ihrem Körper Nahrung zu verdauen, speichern Energie und entfernen Gifte. Hepatitis ist eine Entzündung der Leber….
Alles über Hepatitis (Hepatitis C Virus) HAV * ist in erster Linie durch unhygienische Nahrung und Wasser übertragen werden (häufig in Entwicklungsländern) oder durch direkten Kontakt mit einer…
Hepatitis C Share Follow Us What is Hepatitis C? Discovered in 1989, Hepatitis C is a contagious disease which is caused by a virus that infects the liver. The Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is the…
Hepatitis C Hepatitis C is an infectious blood-borne virus that attacks the liver. In the United States, more than 4 million people have had hepatitis C virus infection; approximately 250,000…